Vibrant Tangerine has simply launched the Misfit Kick 360, a high-end matte field that may take as much as three filters, together with two levels that may totally rotate. This matte field helps filters as much as 5.65 x 5.65″, and you may both clamp it to the entrance of your lens or apply it to 15mm rods with a swing-away adapter. Let’s take a better take a look at it!
Once I take into consideration high-end digital camera equipment with no compromises, just a few corporations instantly come to my thoughts, together with British producer Vibrant Tangerine. Nonetheless, in case you missed it, you may check out our studies concerning the Vibrant Tangerine AXL EVF mount or their latest LeftField System for the RED Komodo.
Final 12 months, the corporate launched the Misfit Kick, a two and three levels carbon fiber mattebox that you could configure both as a clip-on, rod mount, or swing away matte field. The unique Misfit Kick already had some distinctive options just like the Body Secure clamp adapters that help you safe your matte field to your rig by way of a security wire.
The corporate went again to the drawing desk, they usually simply launched what might be the final word studio/area manufacturing matte field: the Vibrant Tangerine Misfit Kick 360.
Vibrant Tangerine Misfit Kick 360 similarities
The Vibrant Tangerine Misfit Kick 360 has rather a lot in frequent with the “authentic” Misfit Kick, together with:
- A 2-Stage Core which is the bottom of the system. It’s made from aluminum and light-weight carbon fiber.
- You can begin with a “base equipment” that takes two filters and expend it later with an extra stage so it may well take three filters.
- For clamp-on use, you might want to connect a Body Secure clamp in the back of the matte field. These clamp adapters can be found in varied sizes, together with all trade normal ones: 80mm/85mm/95mm/114mm and so forth.
- The Body Secure clamps additionally means that you can additional safe the matte field to your rig by way of a security wire in case you’re capturing in harmful environements.
- The Misfit Kick and Misfit Kick 360 are clamp-on matte containers that may be transformed to a Swing-Away for studio shoots by way of an optionnal adapter.
- Suitable with ARRI filter trays.
So, what’s totally different from its predecessor?
As its identify suggests, the Vibrant Tangerine Misfit Kick 360 options two rotatable filter trays. As well as, each rotatable filter trays can rotate independently, which is useful in case you use polarizing or gradient filters.
Additionally, because the Misfit Kick 360 is barely larger/bigger than the unique one, it may well now take 4 x 4″, 4 x 5.65″, and 5.65 x 5.65″ filters.
Many of the different options are comparable between the unique Misfit Kick and the 360 model. So in case you don’t want filter-rotatable capabilities, I suppose you may preserve having fun with your Misfit Kick.
Value and availability
The Misfit Kick 360 is on the market now and begins at $1868/€1597 for the “base” 2-stage equipment. The fully-featured 3-stage Swing Away equipment retails for $2967/€2540. As a direct comparability, the unique Misfit Kick 2-stage equipment begins at $1328/€967.
For extra data, please go to Vibrant Tangerine’s web site right here.
What do you consider this new Misfit Kick 360 mattebox? Do you typically must rotate your filter trays when utilizing a matte field? Don’t hesitate to tell us within the feedback down beneath!